You want to be found on the web. Yet it seems to be a factor often overlooked by many websites. For many businesses search engine searches are a key method to generating new leads. It is basically free advertising.
Here are some facts to think about:
• Around 78 – 84% of all website traffic comes from search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
• 41% of online buyers use Search Engine Results for shopping.
• More than 93% of searchers don’t look at the second page of results in any search engine.
• 68 – 72% search engine users blindly believe in search engine results.
• 72% of potential buyers, who use search engines, will purchase or request more information if they find your site in earlier search results.
If you are a business owner, with a website or blog, then I would strongly recommend you to optimize your website to be ranked higher in search results.